Thursday, March 10, 2011

Oh, The Places You'll Go



“Oh, The Places You’ll Go” by Dr. Seuss is one of my favorite books. It is inspiring with out being over optimistic. Sometimes life is not going to go hoe you plan. The line, “I’m sorry to say so but, sadly, it’s true that Bang-ups and Hang-ups can happen to you,” is one of my favorite lines. Everyone, especially kids, think that bad things that they hear will never happen to them but they can and will. When I have a classroom I will read this book to them at the end of the year. We will talk about how it is their decision what road they go down because, “With your head full of brains and your shoes full of feet, you’re too smart to go down a not-so-good street.” 


1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you shared this with the class as your read-aloud. Great messages that not every day can be rosy and that if you are adventurous, oh the places you'll go and see!

    ReplyDelete