Thursday, February 17, 2011

If I Were In Charge of the World


If I were in charge of the world,
gas would be free, along with
clothes, cars, and food

All dogs would have a home,
animals would never become extinct
and people would care about the environment

If I were in charge of the world
snakes, sharks, and worms
would not exist
neither would racisim, sexism, or poverty

Waking up at noon would be socially acceptable
and so would wearing pajamas to work

If I were in charge of the world
music would play everywhere I walked
and TV shows would not have commercials

Everyone would get along and
the word "war" would not exist

3 comments:

  1. Sleeping to noon, isn't that a bit late? 10:00 a.m. would work better for me. :~)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Compared to everyone else's "If I were in charge of the world" poem, yours was very realistic which gave it a good message. I like how you included the part about poverty, sexism, racism, and war not existing because those are things that bring our country down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I literally agree with every line in every stanza. Great job! The second stanza about the dog made me miss mine and want to go home to her.

    ReplyDelete